Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Mathew 11:28-30

About Me

My photo
Love to Life is made up of Women from different churches, cities, counties, and even states. Although these things may be different we maintain the same Kingdom and Biblical values and principles. Love to Life serves with a vision to Inspire and Uplift women. We understand that Women are daughters, mothers, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, etc. With that said we have the potential to affect not only the world around us but generations to come. There is no mistake that we must be healthy; physically, mentally, emotionally and most importantly spiritually. It is our intention to reach out, build up, and work with Women to help advance and enrich the World at large. We believe it starts with inspiring Hope and uplifting through Faith in God and our Savior Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Here's the Latest...

In August I posted some info but I felt the need to further elaborate on this 2016 year for Love to Life. Primarily because I value your support and prayers over the course of the past few years. Without you we would not have been able to be the light in times of darkness for many. That is why I want to be sure to keep you up to date on the current status of this ministry.

As I stated, my family was been blessed with the arrival of  baby boy Rodriguez #4! His name is Nathan Daniel, he is now 6 months old and has really been a joy. It's amazing how we can think that we are complete and then God shows us another piece to the puzzle of our lives and changes everything!

But I am not going to lie to you, this was not expected and I was not mentally ready to accept this addition.  I felt that I had just gotten a handle on my life and was understanding the direction it was heading into. I had landed a great job that allowed me to serve my community. Love to Life was moving forward, and my kids were becoming more and more independent. So imagine when morning sickness began and my body felt the pains and wear and tear of 2 past pregnancies, not to mention one of which was twins. It was tough. As time went moving along my time and strength felt minimal. It wasn't until I felt him in my arms and looked at his tiny face that I realized that I needed him and most importantly this world needed him.

My job at the school as a Parent Liaison, also opened up my appetite to continue my education. When I left Kean University in Spring of 2000, I always knew that I would go back. I always said, "I don't care how old I am, I will walk across that stage." Working within my community and realizing the needs, I felt the responsibility more than ever to do more but also felt the limitations of not holding a degree. I have a deep desire to change things and I believe this is necessary for me in order to do so. Glory to God, this summer I was able to begin the journey towards this goal.

Balancing home life, work, and my involvement in my local church still finds me with the Love to Life burden. And when I say burden it is not a bad thing. It is a longing to reach the people in a way that my job does not allow me to do so. Openly- Bringing the REAL hope to the hopeless and setting the captives free. This has been charged unto me. 

With all this said, Love to Life is NOT finished nor does it cease to exist. Love to Life isn't simply another organization, it is who we are. The name Love to Life came about while women who believed in this vision stood in a living room and prayed for God to guide them in their endeavors to reach for his will. The spirit of the Lord revealed to us on that day that we would Love them back to Life. I believe that. 

So this season may seem still and quiet. It is a time of sowing. My education will be a tool for this ministry and I believe God is working things out in the background. 

Although we have been unable to do our social events and missed our spring visit and back to visit to the shelter, we have helped some families in need this year with previous funds donated and with your support. We do intend on ending this year with our Annual Christmas outreach.

If you would like to give you can donate monetarily by clicking Here so that we can purchase what is needed. You can also donate the following items which we are in need of:

  1. Toys for children (already gift wrapped
    ​ or in gift bags​
    - contact us for ages and genders)
  2. Toiletries for Men & Women:
  • Shampoo/Conditioner
  • Lotion
  • Toothbrushes/tooth paste
  • hair ties for women
  • razors
  • body spray
  • body wash/Loofahs (Sponges)
  • tampons/pads
  • Things they would need for personal maintenance
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly via email at love2life.mlr@gmail.com

God Bless you all and have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment